Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I am going to try and update this blog more often

I find that I have had a lot of thoughts on my mind recently. I also feel that I would like to share them with others and also write them down just so that I can read what my own thoughts were later on in my life.

I have been extensively following politics recently, specifically the 2008 presidential debate. Tonight's debate was about the economy, it was hosted by both CNBC and MSNBC. I was taking notes while watching the debate just to go my own thoughts in order. I don't have time to write them down now, but maybe later on I will. I had a lot of issues with some of the responses from the candidates.

I will say this though.

John McCain seems like a very sincere candidate. I don't agree with a lot of his views on certain issues, but he tells it like it is in his mind and is a straight shooter. I respect that.

Mitt Romney will be like George W Bush with respect to the US Constitution. He will assume he is above it and that it is only a piece of paper that would not apply to him were he elected president. As such, he will never receive my vote. It is my opinion that the constitution was created in order to protect Americans from people who would abuse power like him. He also seems bought and paid for, however I would imagine he is the only candidate that can compete with Ron Paul with regard to the knowledge of Economics.

Guiliani believes that the federal government should be extremely powerful which of course I obviously disagree with. He stated that he is a big fan of a 2 party system, I don't have anywhere near enough time to explain right now why I believe a 2 party system is horrible. In my mind, a 2 party system is almost as bad as a 1 party system, which is to say, terrible.

Ron Paul in my opinion seems to have the best views with respect to all the issues discussed tonight. However, he was not very good tonight at explaining why he is taking the positions that he does. However, I pretty much agreed with everything that he said tonight.

No comments: